Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Martin Lidgard <ma...@arkatay.com> on 2005/05/02 22:26:26 UTC

Adding aliases to tomcat

Hi all.

I am looking for a way to dynamically map virtual host aliases to a webapp.
Normally this is done in Tomcat's server.xml file under the <Host> tag, but
I would like to either have Tomcat reading the alias data from a database
without having to restart (I posted a message to the tomcat-user list
without getting a response) or access the Tomcat instance and adding an
alias using the org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addAlias() method from
Turbine. Could anyone give me some ideas of whether either of these ideas
could be implemented or if there is some other way of managing aliases?

Thanks,

Martin

Arkatay Consulting
www.arkatay.com