Posted to user@struts.apache.org by hardik_982 <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/22 08:03:29 UTC

change in struts tabbedpanel style

can anybody say
how i can change in s:tabbedpanel tabs color of tab and style
thanks in advance

Re: change in struts tabbedpanel style

Posted by hardik_982 <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Yes
you are right
i can do it after removing link of tabs.css from my jsp
thanks dude

Re: change in struts tabbedpanel style

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
The specific problem is that your inline CSS occurs before your link to
tabs.css, so tabs.css overrides yours.  Switch the order!

I don't think you should be importing tabs.css yourself - dojo will
import it for you (check in Firebug, it'll be listed twice if it's not
needed).  I've never imported it myself.

Posted by hardik_982 <ha...@yahoo.com>.
I have use your logic like this
<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java" %>

<head>
	 <s:head theme="ajax"/>
	.dojoTab {
    position : relative;
    float : left;
    padding-left : 9px;
    border-bottom : 1px solid #6290d2;
    background :silver;
    cursor: pointer;
    white-space: nowrap;
    z-index: 3;
}

.dojoTab div {
    display : block;
    padding : 4px 15px 4px 6px;
    background :silver;
    color : #333;
    font-size : 90%;
}

    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<s:url
value="/struts/tabs.css"/>">

</head>

				<s:tabbedPanel id="test2" theme="simple" cssStyle="width: 500px; height:
300px;"  doLayout="true">
                      <s:div id="left" label="test1" theme="ajax"  >
                          I'm a Tab!!!
                      </s:div>
                      <s:div  id="middle" label="test2"  theme="ajax" >
                          I'm the other Tab!!!
                      </s:div >

                  </s:tabbedPanel>

Re: change in struts tabbedpanel style

Posted by hardik_982 <ha...@yahoo.com>.
great dude

i have installed firebug, its amazing!

thanks

Re: change in struts tabbedpanel style

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
Just override the css by creating your own CSS file and including it in
your page.

Take a look at the showcase:
http://www.planetstruts.org/struts2-showcase/ajax/tabbedpanel/example2.jsp
If you view the generated source using the Firefox plugin I mentioned
before you'll see this html:

The class attributes are the parts of interest.

If you look at the embedded CSS you'll see these:

.dojoTab {
    position : relative;
    float : left;
    padding-left : 9px;
    border-bottom : 1px solid #6290d2;
    background :
url(/struts2-showcase/struts/dojo/src/widget/templates/images/tab_left.gif)
no-repeat left top;
    cursor: pointer;
    white-space: nowrap;
    z-index: 3;
}

.dojoTab div {
    display : block;
    padding : 4px 15px 4px 6px;
    background :
url(/struts2-showcase/struts/dojo/src/widget/templates/images/tab_top_right.gif)
no-repeat right top;
    color : #333;
    font-size : 90%;
}

If you include those in your own CSS file you can override the style.

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
hardik_982 wrote:
> -->PS. The styles may be documented somewhere at www.dojotoolkit.org for
> 0.4.0 but I don't recall ever seeing it.
>
> i think you tell about
> http://dojotoolkit.org/book/dojo-book-0-9/part-2-dijit/themes-and-design/overriding-and-combining-themes

Yes, but that's for Dojo 0.9 which is a complete redesign from the
0.40/0.43 version's currently used by struts2.0/struts2.1.
The CSS may match though.

Re: change in struts tabbedpanel style

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
hardik_982 wrote:
> can anybody say
> how i can change in s:tabbedpanel tabs color of tab and style
> thanks in advance

Override the CSS.

In Firefox, install the Web Developer Toolbar and inspect the generated
source when you have tabs visible. You'll be able to see the styles on
the html tags and notice Dojo uses the "CSS sliding doors" approach for
rounded corners and gradients.
Use the Edit CSS feature to play with live CSS.  Use FireBug to inspect
the elements if you like.
You should be able to find and understand the styles pretty quickly that
way.