Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by HD <ng...@sneakemail.com> on 2005/01/21 01:09:56 UTC

3.0 or 3.1 cvs?

I'm starting a new tapestry project and I'm wondering if I should rather start with the CVS 3.1 version or stick with the existing 3.0. What is the timeline for the 3.1? The major feature I need is the friendly url support.

HD.

Re: 3.0 or 3.1 cvs?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
3.1 is not nearly ready for use in production.  The documentation
isn't there, the code base is changing rapidly.  I can't wait for 3.1
to be ready, but there's only so many hours in the day.

On 21 Jan 2005 00:09:56 -0000, HD <ng...@sneakemail.com> wrote:
> I'm starting a new tapestry project and I'm wondering if I should rather start with the CVS 3.1 version or stick with the existing 3.0. What is the timeline for the 3.1? The major feature I need is the friendly url support.
>
> HD.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: 3.0 or 3.1 cvs?

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
3.1 is just getting to alpha, so don't wait, use 3.0 now. I'm using the
Friendly URLs patch with great success. I haven't tried Erik's Servlet
Filter approach, but the friendly URLs aren't that complicated to
implement. It took me at most a couple of hours from start to running
the app with them.

There's a page on the Wiki with the instructions and code for setting
that up.

Jamie

Re: 3.0 or 3.1 cvs?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Render events

Posted by Joshua Long <lh...@adelphia.net>.
Hi everyone

I have a question concerning the wellspring of confusion that are
persistent properties and events...

so: i have a component that a persistant collectioin. it sets that
collection based on input from the page from a parameter. the property
on the page used to setup that paramter is persistant. it get shcanged
every so often.

SO:

What render events let me, from my component, access the parameters
(ideally using the accessor methods, and not this IBinding stuff, which
Ive managed to not really understand thus far.) and still change the
components persistant properties. further, what code do i use in the
page to be able to set a persistant property before the component gets
to it such that the data the component gets is up to date and exactly
what the page wants it to get.

Sorry if this rambles; any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joshua

Re: 3.0 or 3.1 cvs?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Appfuse is using Paul Ferraro's friendly URL patch.  Tapestry 3.1
contains some similar ideas, but the implementation is much, much
different.

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:27:12 +0100, Christian Kesselheim
<ck...@infeurope.lu> wrote:
> AFAIK, the most recent release of appfuse contains some 3.0.x release
> with a backport of some enhancements from the tapestry cvs trunk,
> including friendly urls.
> at least I remember reading something at raible's blog 'bout this.
>
> (ck)
>
> On Jan 21, 2005, at 1:09 AM, HD wrote:
>
> > I'm starting a new tapestry project and I'm wondering if I should
> > rather start with the CVS 3.1 version or stick with the existing 3.0.
> > What is the timeline for the 3.1? The major feature I need is the
> > friendly url support.
> >

> > HD.

> -------------------------
> infeurope S.A.
> 62, rue Charles Martel
> L-2134 Luxembourg
> Luxembourg
> Tel: (+352) 25.22.33.1
> Fax: (+352) 25.22.33.222
>
> Web: www.infeurope.lu

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: 3.0 or 3.1 cvs?

Posted by Christian Kesselheim <ck...@infeurope.lu>.
AFAIK, the most recent release of appfuse contains some 3.0.x release
with a backport of some enhancements from the tapestry cvs trunk,
including friendly urls.
at least I remember reading something at raible's blog 'bout this.

(ck)

On Jan 21, 2005, at 1:09 AM, HD wrote:

> I'm starting a new tapestry project and I'm wondering if I should
> rather start with the CVS 3.1 version or stick with the existing 3.0.
> What is the timeline for the 3.1? The major feature I need is the
> friendly url support.
>

> HD.

infeurope S.A.
62, rue Charles Martel