Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Bautista <mi...@dept.fuller.edu> on 2005/04/18 22:58:30 UTC

Deploying Sakai 1.5.0 with Tomcat 5.5.7

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to deploy Sakai 1.5.0 with Tomcat 5.5.7. I've received several
emails from people on the sakai user group telling me that Sakai 1.5.0
hasn't been proven to run with Tomcat 5.5.7, but I wanted to learn a little
bit on my own, so I'm trying to make it work.

Part of the sakai build process involves dropping several .xml files into
the TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost. One of the files,
sakai-dispatch.xml, is supposed to redirect the base path of Tomcat with the
following line:

<Context path="/" docBase="f:/usr/local/sakai/sakai-dispatch"
crossContext="true">

The problem is that when I type in "http://localhost:80/" into the URL (my
port is 80 by default, not 8080), nothing comes up. I know that the base
path hasn't been changed to "/" because the index.html file in
F:/user/local/sakai/sakai-dispatch is supposed to a redirect, but that's not
happening.

My question is this:

What process/program/class is responsible for reading and acting on the
directives in sakai-dispatch.xml? Doesn't it look like this isn't being
done?

Thanks in advance,
Joe Bautista

RE: Deploying Sakai 1.5.0 with Tomcat 5.5.7

Posted by Fritz Schneider <Fr...@Peacham.HomeIP.net>.
Joe,

The question also is asking if F:/usr/local is TOMCAT_HOME. I am not sure
that the context.xml is used if there is no directory for the context under
webapps. You quoted me a web.xml from what would appear to be a different
directory.

Fritz

Posted by Fritz Schneider <Fr...@Peacham.HomeIP.net>.
Joe,