Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/19 04:00:51 UTC

Re: has this exception been seen before

Replying to lucene-dev, seems more appropriate.

Hm, that can't be....

137  final int size() {
138    return byNumber.size();
139  }

byNumber is an instance of Vector that is instantiated when an instance
of FieldInfos class is created.  Vector's size() can't throw that
method, as far as I know, and I just checked the JDK API Javadocs.
Plus, it looks like the exception is from:

133  final FieldInfo fieldInfo(int fieldNumber) {
134    return (FieldInfo)byNumber.elementAt(fieldNumber);
135  }

If you (and the other person who reported having this problem....who
may not be on the lucene-dev, hm) can modify the source maybe you can
add some debugging there (print byNumber.size() and fieldNumber, maybe
that will reveal something), recompiling, and trying to get the same
error.

Otis

--- "Robert A. Decker" <de...@robdecker.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if the following looks familiar to anyone. This comes
> up at
> times when calling optimize on an index.

com.medicalhost.marvinfoundation.EOIndexManager.editingContextSavedChanges
> processUpdated e:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
> : 99 >= 12
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 99 >= 12
>         at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.fieldInfo(FieldInfos.java:138)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.FieldsReader.doc(FieldsReader.java:102)
>         at

org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.document(SegmentReader.java:190)
>         at

org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeFields(SegmentMerger.java:119)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.merge(SegmentMerger.java:90)
>         at

org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:316)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.optimize(IndexWriter.java:225)
>         at

com.medicalhost.marvinfoundation.EOIndexManager.indexContents(EOIndexManager.java:199)