Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by kc99 <rk...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/11 18:28:22 UTC

Creating own DNS block list

Hi

I am trying to block a number of IP addresses (from URI's) that are not
listed in the default URI blocklists.

I have created a rule in local.cf as follows:

uridnsbl        URIBL_LOCAL     mydomain.lan    A
body            URIBL_LOCAL     eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_LOCAL')
describe        URIBL_LOCAL     Contains a URL listed in the local blacklist
tflags          URIBL_LOCAL     net
score           URIBL_LOCAL     5.0

I have added an IP address to the mydomain.lan zone file with the A record
below:

x.x.x.x  IN A 127.0.0.2

However tests don't pickup a URI which the IP address resolves to. Would
appreciate if anyone could tell me where I'm going wrong or point me in the
right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Creating own DNS block list

Posted by Mr Shunz <mr...@gmail.com>.
On 10/11/07, kc99 <rk...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to block a number of IP addresses (from URI's) that are not
> listed in the default URI blocklists.
>
> I have created a rule in local.cf as follows:
>
> uridnsbl        URIBL_LOCAL     mydomain.lan    A
> body            URIBL_LOCAL     eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_LOCAL')
> describe        URIBL_LOCAL     Contains a URL listed in the local blacklist
> tflags          URIBL_LOCAL     net
> score           URIBL_LOCAL     5.0
>
> I have added an IP address to the mydomain.lan zone file with the A record
> below:
>
> x.x.x.x  IN A 127.0.0.2
>
> However tests don't pickup a URI which the IP address resolves to. Would
> appreciate if anyone could tell me where I'm going wrong or point me in the
> right direction.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi,

RBL queries are usually done like: