Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jim Rudnicki <jd...@pacbell.net> on 2001/10/07 21:29:19 UTC

[BUG] 1.2rc1 missing file in dist

The all important .vsl file / template for building the documentation with
Anakia seems to be missing from both the distribution and even CVS.

Jim

Re: [BUG] 1.2rc1 missing file in dist

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 10/7/01 12:29 PM, "Jim Rudnicki" <jd...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> The all important .vsl file / template for building the documentation with
> Anakia seems to be missing from both the distribution and even CVS.
>
> Jim

      <echo>
       #
       #  Now using Anakia to transform our XML documentation
       #  to HTML.
       #
       #  Note : this step depends upon having the jakarta-site2
       #  project located as a peer to the jakarta-velocity
       #  directory (the directory that holds the Velocity
       #  distribution.)  That means that jakarta-site2 and
       #  jakarta-velocity are located in the same subdirectory.
       #
       #  Please see :
       #    http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html
       #  for more information on obtaining jakarta-site2.
       #
      </echo>

Re: [BUG] 1.2rc1 missing file in dist

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 10/7/01 3:29 PM, "Jim Rudnicki" <jd...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> The all important .vsl file / template for building the documentation with
> Anakia seems to be missing from both the distribution and even CVS.
>
> Jim

If Jon's reponse wasn't clear....

The .vsl comes from the jakarta-site2 tree - it's the same .vsl that we use
for the jakarta (and now Apache Foundation) sites.  This ensures that we
never fall out of synch, although it is a minor pain in that you must keep
the trees peers of one another in the directory layout. (But just a minor
one...)

Anyway, checkout jakarta-site2 to be a parallel directory to
jakarta-velocity, and all will be well.

System and Software Consulting