Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Romita Saha <Ro...@sg.panasonic.com> on 2012/11/08 02:44:53 UTC

is it possible to save the search query?

Hi All,

Is it possible to record a search query in solr and then compare it with
the previous search query?

Thanks and regards,
Romita Saha

Re: is it possible to save the search query?

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
You can certainly save the results themselves yourself as well as the
explanations for scoring and then compare them yourself. Add
&debugQuery=true to your query and there will be an "explain" section that
gives all the values used in computing the scores of the top documents.

-- Jack Krupansky

From:   Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>
To:     solr-user@lucene.apache.org,
Date:   11/08/2012 01:35 PM

Hi,

Compare in what sense?  An example will help.

Otis
--
Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm

Posted by geeky2 <ge...@hotmail.com>.
Hello,

using xslt is not hard, but i am not sure that a single reply here, will be
sufficient - especially if you have not used it before.

try doing a search for related tutorials to get you started.

driving the results of query in to a file is a simple *nx redirection.

this is just an example - but should give you the idea.

#!/bin/bash
SERVER=$1
PORT=$2

QUERY="http://$SERVER:${PORT}/foo/core1/select?qt=modelItemNoSearch&q=itemModelNo:JVM1640CJ01"
curl -v $QUERY

then fire it like this

./goquery.sh > foo.xml

Romita Saha wrote

From:   geeky2 <ge...@hotmail.com>
To:     solr-user@lucene.apache.org,
Date:   11/20/2012 10:55 PM

Hello,

i think you are asking two questions here - i'll see if i can give you
some
simple examples for both

1) how can i pull data from a solr search result set and compare it to
another for analysis?

one way - might be to drive the results in to files and then use xslt to
extract relevant information.

here is an example xslt file that pulls specific fields from a result:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="text"/>
        <xsl:template match="response/result">
        <xsl:for-each select="doc">
                <xsl:text>[</xsl:text>
                <xsl:value-of select="str[@name='itemNo']"/>
                <xsl:text>]</xsl:text>
                <xsl:text>,</xsl:text>
                <xsl:value-of select="float[@name='score']"/>
                <xsl:text>,</xsl:text>
                <xsl:value-of select="int[@name='rankNo']"/>
                <xsl:text>,</xsl:text>
                <xsl:value-of select="int[@name='partCnt']"/>
                <xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text>
        </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

2) how can i embed data in to a solr query, making it easier to do
analysis
in the log files?

here is a simple example that "bookmarks" or brackets transactions in the
logs - used only during stress testing

#!/bin/bash

TYPE=$1
TAG=$2

if [ $TYPE == 1 ]
then
    # beginning
    curl -v
http://something:1234/boo/core1/select/?q=partImageURL%3A$
{TAG}-test-begin&version=2.2&start=0&rows=777indent=on
else
    # end
    curl -v
http://something:1234/boo/core1/select/?q=partImageURL%3A$
{TAG}-test-end&version=2.2&start=0&rows=777indent=on
fi

hopefully this will give you something to start with.

thx
mark

Re: is it possible to save the search query?

Posted by geeky2 <ge...@hotmail.com>.
Hello,

http://something:1234/boo/core1/select/?q=partImageURL%3A${TAG}-test-end&version=2.2&start=0&rows=777indent=on

Posted by Romita Saha <Ro...@sg.panasonic.com>.
Hi Amit,

Could you please explain more on how to use a user cookie to construct a
session.

Thanks and regards,
Romita

From:   Amit Nithian <an...@gmail.com>
To:     "solr-user@lucene.apache.org" <so...@lucene.apache.org>,
Date:   11/08/2012 06:21 PM

Are you trying to do this in real time or offlline? Wouldn't mining your
access logs help? It may help to have your front end application pass in
some extra parameters that are not interpreted by Solr but are there for
"stamping" purposes for log analysis. One example could be a user id or
user cookie or something in case you have to construct sessions.

Posted by Amit Nithian <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Document ID would be a field in your document.  A unique field that you
specify when indexing.
You can collect it by telling Solr to return it in the search results by
including it in the &fl=.... parameter.

Otis

From:   Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>
To:     solr-user@lucene.apache.org,
Date:   11/09/2012 12:33 AM

Posted by Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez <jl...@uci.cu>.
I think that solr by him self doesn't store the queries (correct me if I'm wrong, about this) but you can accomplish what you want by processing the solr log (its the only way I think). From the solr log you can get the queries and then process the queries according to your needs, and change the boost parameters in your app o solr config.

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci

Re: is it possible to save the search query?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

From:   Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>
To:     solr-user@lucene.apache.org,