Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2020/03/24 22:00:31 UTC

Re: [OT] Tomcat Wiki Source Code Download

Re: [OT] Tomcat Wiki Source Code Download

Posted by Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com>.
On 25/3/20 8:09 am, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 3/24/20 17:54, Brian Burch wrote:
>
> <snip/>

>> Does that project maintain 4 separate simultaneous releases? :)

No, perhaps two, and not all the time!

I had also completely forgotten that tomcat provides its own local
documentation web pages during installation. If I had remembered, and if
I had fully appreciated that the pages were release-dependent, then I
would have realised why the apache tomcat online source needs to be
segmented.

By way of excuse, I've not needed to work seriously on tomcat for
several years and at my age stuff just slips away with time!

Thanks for making this clear to me. I really appreciate the considerable
patient help from my old-time acquaintances!

> Few do but we could still update the source page to make it clearer that
> the tomcat-X.Y-docs pages are copies of the documentation web app from
> the most recent X.Y release.

Leave it to me. I'll work on a couple of changes and post some diffs to
the dev list soon (days, not weeks, I hope). After that, I'll get back
to the logging documentation changes.

Brian

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.