Posted to dev@click.apache.org by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/01 07:15:50 UTC

HTML parser was[Re: HTML5: data-* atrributes]

I've changed the subject as I don't think this is related to data attributes.

It sounds as what you are after is an HTML parser that is smart enough to add the model data based
on the server-side component ID.

So is the use case to separate the designer from the developer? I think a developer is very
fortunate if there is a dedicated designer for every page of the project. In my experience designers
tend to be involved right in the beginning to design the site after which the developers take over.
So forcing one to develop the markup for every page would mean a lot of duplication of effort,
especially if the develop is alone in maintaining the application. Contrast that with:

$table

which renders all the markup.

You also mention dynamic updating, but that sounded like Ajax?

Btw, if I recall this is the way Wicket[1] works so there might already be an Apache project that
provides what you are after.

Kind regards

Bob

[1]: http://wicket.apache.org/