Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pw...@micron.com> on 2018/01/24 02:22:02 UTC

RE: [EXT] Re: Embedded Nifi

Vincent,

Embedded NiFi still has a long ways to go to be really useful, in my opinion; and I don't know if anyone is actively working on those improvements.

The PR Andy mentioned simply allows you to startup NiFi inside your process instead of running it directly from a startup script, but that doesn't mean you magically have access to all of NiFi's internals (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). If you want to actually interact with your new NiFi instance you will still need to use the REST API.

Thanks,
  Peter

Posted by Daniel Chaffelson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Charlie,
This was merged last week to provide an easy method to get around the host
header issue with running 1.5.0 docker.
Essentially it allows you to specify the host:port via environment
variables.
https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2439

Re: [EXT] Re: Embedded Nifi

Posted by Charlie Meyer <ch...@civitaslearning.com>.
Hi Vincent,

Re: [EXT] Re: Embedded Nifi

Posted by Vincent Russell <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [EXT] Re: Embedded Nifi

Posted by Daniel Chaffelson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Vincent,

***UNCHECKED*** Re: [EXT] Re: Embedded Nifi

Posted by Vincent Russell <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Peter.

At this point I only wish to make sure that an existing flow that is
already created in a flow.xml file works within an integration test.   I am
hoping that this can be achieved with starting Nifi programmatically this
way.

Thanks,