Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Lenkei Andrei (KSDF 55)" <an...@credit-suisse.com> on 2008/01/03 14:55:05 UTC

Dependencies on on other java classes and/or c++ libraries and/or source files

Hello,

I have joined a (mainly) C++ project in which the Jetty webserver is
used.

Hence the build is primarily "make" with invocations of ant (v1.6.2).

As part o using Jetty there is a step of Peer- and Proxy generation plus
the use of the Jace PeerEnhancer.

There are several dependencies.

- execute target if .so library doesn't exist is older than some java
class file

- Java class on java class (for the PeerEnhancer)

- generated .h and .cxx files on java class

I can express some of this by tweaking the makefiles and the ant file
but this got me thinking about dependencies on non .java files in ant.

Q: How do I best express these kind of dependcies in Ant?

Best regards,
Andrei Lenkei

Re: Dependencies on on other java classes and/or c++ libraries and/or source files

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 3, 2008 7:55 AM, Lenkei Andrei (KSDF 55)
<an...@credit-suisse.com> wrote:
> I can express some of this by tweaking the makefiles and the ant file
> but this got me thinking about dependencies on non .java files in ant.
>
> Q: How do I best express these kind of dependcies in Ant?

Use Ant-Contrib's <outofdate>, which was created with
Makefile-dependencies in mind. Very good stuff. --DD