Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by SteelHead <bi...@ries-knight.net> on 2003/05/20 02:29:13 UTC

[users@httpd] virtual hosting and multiple ip's on one system

I am going to play dumb, because I am not clear on the how... Please reply
as completely as possible.  If you give me a link, assume I know nothing.

how do I implement virtual domains with multiple IPs on one box running
apache with my redhat 9?

alocalhost, ip xxx.xxx.xxx.001
mylocalhost, ip xxx.xxx.xxx.001
thelocalhost, ip xxx.xxx.xxx.001

anotherlocalhost, ip xxx.xxx.xxx.004

whyhavelocalhost, ip xxx.xxx.xxx.005
localost, ip xxx.xxx.xxx.005

Thanks.
Bill

Intelligence is the ability to discern.
Instinct is the ability to react.
Insight is Intelligence applied to Instinct.

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0 and Oracle 9.i

Posted by xxx xxxx <cy...@flash.ro>.
hy,
i've installed oracle 9.i on red hat 8.0 without apache server
now i want to install apache 2.0 server but i'm getting an error like

Apache 1.3 is enabled you have to put apxs2 not apxs in --with-apxs=/directory/apxs
i tried installing apache from oracle runinstaller but when he wants to start he doesn't start the httpd.
what can i do??

thanks a lot..

http://www.idilis.ro - Stiri, e-mail gratuit, download,
SMS, server de counter-strike, hosting gratuit, servicii internet...
Fii cu un pas inaintea celorlati!

[users@httpd] test

Posted by xxx xxxx <cy...@flash.ro>.
test

Re: [users@httpd] virtual hosting and multiple ip's on one system

Posted by WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org>.
On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 09:21  PM, SteelHead wrote:

> we have multiple public ip's for secuity reasons, but we want to
> minimize ip
> blocking as well and pull IP's off of a backup provider as well.
> We will eventually set things up as a Highavailiblity cluster, but
> that is
> for later as we have more needs.

Try using one for each IP address; so long as each is plumb'ed -

<VirtualHost 111.22.33.44>
         ServerName      realname.org
         ServerAlias     nickname1.org
         ServerAlias     nn2.org
         ServerAlias     othernickname.org
         DocumentRoot    /path/to/thatdocroot
         ServerAdmin     webmaster@thisIP.org
</VirtualHost>

Cheers;
-Sx-  :)

Re: [users@httpd] virtual hosting and multiple ip's on one system

Posted by WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org>.
Further help -

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 08:38  PM, WC -Sx- Jones wrote:
> On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 08:29  PM, SteelHead wrote:
>> how do I implement virtual domains with multiple IPs on one box
>> running
>> apache with my redhat 9?
>

> You want that with NAT or without?

In case you are wondering, I use NAT with a filtering router:

# ifconfig -a
lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1
         inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
hme0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1492 index
2
         inet 192.168.1.69 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
         ether 8:0:20:a7:fc:f5
hme0:1: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1492
index 2
         inet 192.168.1.70 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
lo0: flags=2000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6> mtu 8252 index 1
         inet6 ::1/128
hme0: flags=2000841<UP,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv6> mtu 1500 index 2
         ether 8:0:20:a7:fc:f5
         inet6 fe80::a00:20ff:fea7:fcf5/10

I use dyndns.org and a ddclient script to make sure my server can
always be *seen* from the public Internet.  if you have static IPs that
are private (start off as 10, 172, 192, et al; then you will need to
set up a NAT as well.)

For multiple hosts with unique IPs, use something like:

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
# ...
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 5.6.7.8>
# ...
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 9.10.11.12>
# ...
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 13.14.15.16>
# ...
</VirtualHost>

With *different* ServerDocRoot directories for each VH section...

Warning; VH sections inherit the global httpd.conf section - that may
cause strange side-effects IF you have any miss-configurations in that
area.

Warning 2:  Most DSL/Cable routers do not route/forward more than one
IP/Port set per system -- not without BIG bucks invested at any rate...

Cheers;

http://insecurity.org/
  ('>    iudicium ferat
  //\   Have Computer -