Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by KE Gan <kh...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/25 10:09:00 UTC

Tapestry and Dojo and Tapestry 4.1

Hi,

I am finishing up (and launching) a project using Tapestry 4.0.2 soon. I am
planning to incorporate some Ajax goodness into the next phase of the
project.

I understand that Tapestry 4.1 incorporate the Dojo Toolkit. I am kind of
new to Dojo. Anyone know any example on using Tapestry with Dojo ? and What
is the significance of the integration (of Dojo in Tapestry) ?

Thanks.

RE: Tapestry and Dojo and Tapestry 4.1

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
I believe, correct me if I am wrong, that Tapestry 4.x++ will always have a way to work with JavaScript off.  We have run into clients (US Military) that turn off JavaScript.  And we have one client that racheted IE up to level 3 security which disabled the iFrame.  We have some Tapestry components that rely heavily on JavaScript and I think we may have to rewrite them.  So, I think that at some "global" level, we need to have Standard Tapestry Components that do NOT depend on JavaScript.  And someway to turn if off.

Thoughts?

Mark

Posted by KE Gan <kh...@gmail.com>.
So most likely Tapestry 4.1's core components will make use of Dojo already
:) ?

Re: Any idea how to default a value?WRONG PageBeginRenderListener

Posted by Gunna Satria <gu...@yahoo.com>.
ups...sorry wrong interpretation there..

  Gunna

Gunna Satria <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:  Hi,

  why don't you implement PageBeginRenderListener and set your value there.

  cheers,

  Gunna

Mark Stang  wrote:  I have a radio group:

     [input] Accept the license agreement

     [input] Reject the license agreement

This  works fine. The user must select ACCEPT to move on. However, I need to  be able to set the selected value to ACCEPT without user input. I would  prefer to use a HIDDEN value defaulted to ACCEPT. However, I am not  sure how to format it. What I need is for the page to send ACCEPT to  ognl:page.visit.currentState.acceptLicense. I thought about creating  component to do this and having it's default value be ACCEPT, but it  seems a bit of overkill. I think it can be done with a HIDDEN value,  but I am not sure of the Tapestry Syntax. The default value in  ognl:page.visit.currentState.acceptLicense is REJECT and I don't want  to change that.

Tapestry 3.03.

Thoughts?

thanks,

Mark

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

Re: Any idea how to default a value?PageBeginRenderListener

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
I have a radio group:

    <input type="radio" jwcid="@Radio" value="ognl:@com.pingidentity.fsm.state.impl.LicensingState@ACCEPT"/>Accept the license agreement<br>
    <input type="radio" jwcid="@Radio" value="ognl:@com.pingidentity.fsm.state.impl.LicensingState@REJECT"/>Reject the license agreement

Pages in Tapestry Libraries?

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
Hi,
I have never tried this, but can you put pages in a Library or only components?

thanks,

Mark

Re: Tapestry and Dojo and Tapestry 4.1

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Tapestry 4.1 initially comes with support for dojo only, but I have built a

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by KE Gan <kh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shing,

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.