Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/18 15:29:08 UTC

[DISCUSS/NOTICE] NMS dist release area cleanup

There look to be various files (details below) in the NMS release area
that should be cleaned up, being either superceded already or even
apparently duplicate. I intend to remove the ones detailed below (and
update the site links accordingly) in a couple of days unless
discussion here suggests otherwise.

I have another suggested NMS dist release area cleanup which I will
reply to the thread with another mail for, as it as it is a little
different than these and should be discussed first.

The following 3 releases look like they should be removed, they arent
marked as 'current' and so are only linked to from the archive on the
site, only 2.0.0 ([1]) is linked to from the downloads site that these
dirs populate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/apache-nms-amqp/1.8.0/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/apache-nms-amqp/1.8.1/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/apache-nms-amqp/1.8.2/

The following looks to be a duplicate copy of NMS.AMQP 2.0.0 that
should be removed, with the parent dir actually being for the Openwire
client instead, whereas the AMQP client is linked from the site via
its expected apache-nms-amqp/2.0.0 dir [1]:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/apache-nms-activemq/2.0.0/

The API release and Openwire client release in the following dir also
seem like they can be removed and linked to the archive, as they have
both been superceded by 1.8.0 [2][3] releases (or even 2.0.0) quite
some time ago:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/apache-nms/1.7.0/

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/apache-nms-amqp/2.0.0
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/apache-nms-api/1.8.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/activemq/apache-nms-activemq/1.8.0/

Robbie

Re: [DISCUSS/NOTICE] NMS dist release area cleanup

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
As there has been no discussion toward not doing this (or indeed, at
all), I will make this further cleanup next week if that continues to
be the case.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
After leaving it a week longer than I said, I have now made the below
initial cleanups.