Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by PhilipJohnson <jo...@hawaii.edu> on 2008/11/23 19:03:36 UTC

ics-wicket-examples: beginner wicket examples available

Greetings all,

I teach software engineering and I've assigned a simple webapp using Wicket
to my students this semester. To help them bootstrap, I created a Google
Project with an initial set of simple examples for them to look at.  I
thought I would post a link here in case others might find it of use:

http://code.google.com/p/ics-wicket-examples/
http://code.google.com/p/ics-wicket-examples/

These examples conform to the conventions for my class, including:
 * Ant-based, no use of Maven.
 * Test cases (using WicketTester) with 100% coverage
 * Conforms to class coding standards checked by Checkstyle, PMD, and
FindBugs.

The book Wicket In Action is required for the class, and so one of the
examples is the Cheesr application from that book re-worked slightly to
conform to the above coding standards.

If you see a way to improve an example, or have a self-contained, short
example code that you think might be useful to the class, I would love to
learn about it.   I don't read this list regularly, so please contact me at
johnson@hawaii.edu, or simply post an Issue to the ics-wicket-examples
project. I teach this class every year and intend to maintain and add to
this set of examples for quite a while.

If you would like to read about the students' initial reactions to using
wicket, they are required to post a blog entry by tomorrow.  Here's one
student's summary:

http://ronnreeves.blogspot.com/2008/11/mystackcom-sic-wicket-webapp.html
http://ronnreeves.blogspot.com/2008/11/mystackcom-sic-wicket-webapp.html

A directory to all of their blogs (some have not posted their entry for this
assignment yet) is available here:

http://groups.google.com/group/ics-software-engineering-fall-2008/web/00-engineering-log
http://groups.google.com/group/ics-software-engineering-fall-2008/web/00-engineering-log

I have found the Wicket community to be very helpful and responsive as I've
learned about the framework, and I hope this can partially return the favor
by helping others get started easily.

Philip Johnson

Re: ics-wicket-examples: beginner wicket examples available

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
Hi Philip,

Really great to see our work being put to good use!

Thanks!

Eelco