Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2002/12/16 02:19:24 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/jelly/tags/velocity JellyContextAdapter.java MergeTag.java VelocityTagLibrary.java VelocityTagSupport.java

on 2002/12/15 5:03 PM, "Pete Kazmier" <pe...@kazmier.com> wrote:

> I should also mention that variables #set in the velocity template are
> then visible in the JellyContext thereafter ...

I don't think that is a good idea. Scope is going to be blown apart if you
do that.

-jon

--
StudioZ.tv /\ Bar/Nightclub/Entertainment
314 11th Street @ Folsom /\ San Francisco

Posted by Pete Kazmier <pe...@kazmier.com>.
On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 05:19:24PM -0800, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> on 2002/12/15 5:03 PM, "Pete Kazmier" <pe...@kazmier.com> wrote:
>
> > I should also mention that variables #set in the velocity template are
> > then visible in the JellyContext thereafter ...
>
> I don't think that is a good idea. Scope is going to be blown apart if you
> do that.

Good point.  I wasn't really thinking too much about the reverse
direction as I just wanted to parse my template; however, I will just
adjust the JellyContextAdapter to not propogate any 'puts' to the
JellyContext (make it read-only) sometime tommorrow.  Gotta finish
wrapping gifts with the wife now ...

Thanks,
Pete