Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by fstof <fr...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/02 12:38:34 UTC

Wicket 1.5 migration Issue

Hi all,
I decided to do the migration from 1.4.15 to 1.5rc2

Some background on how we do stuff:

In web.xml we have the WicketServlet configured with multiple servlet
mappings, eg

        wicket.servlet
        /skinwithlongname/*

        wicket.servlet
        /shortskin/*

Now these mappings are used to specify which style to set on the session
like this:
[Session Constructor]
String u = request.getUrl().toString();    // should resolve to
/servletMapping/mountedPage/.... according to wicket 1.4)
String skin = u.substring(0, u.indexOf("/"));
setStyle(skin)

This no longer works
The issue comes in the request.getUrl().
I traced it all the way back to WicketFilter.init(). In there the filterPath
gets resolved, in my opinion this is not correct, as I havent even hit a
request. So init() only loads the first mapping in the web.xml
(/skinwithlongname).
Now when I enter a page thru the mapping /shortskin and the Session gets
created, request.getUrl() breaks (String index out of range)

I hope I'm making sence here. But essencially request.getUrl() is not
working correctly

Thanks
Frans

Re: Wicket 1.5 migration Issue

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
please create a quickstart application and attach it to a ticket in jira.
thanks!