Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za> on 2011/04/14 20:35:03 UTC

Something's wrong with the "shaded" jar

When I try and run an uber-jar made from the claims example, (or
support/quickstart), the "java -jar *.jar" command on the resulting jar
fails with:

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.isis.core.commons.exceptions.IsisException: failed to load
'isis.properties'; tried using: [file system (directory 'config'), file system
(directory 'src/main/webapp/WEB-INF'), context loader classpath]

I tried copying the /WEB-INF directory to /config in the archive, and it
picked up the isis.properties once, but failed with the same error again
later. Now I can't even get this far...

Re: Something's wrong with the "shaded" jar

Posted by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
Ditto - once I've got it working, I'll commit the changes.

By the way, I have started on different options for different viewers,
e.g. wicket vs html have different manifest transformers.. using "-D
viewer=wicket" for both build and ant run.

On 16 Apr 2011 at 18:01, Dan Haywood wrote:

> I'm presuming this was inspired by my adding the shade plugin to create
> an uber-jar for the Maven archetype?
>
> One of the things this approach requires is that isis.properties can be
> found on the classpath.  You might remember I raised this on the mailing
> list [1], moving isis.properties from config to src/main/resource.

Indeed! It rang a bell...

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
I'm presuming this was inspired by my adding the shade plugin to create
an uber-jar for the Maven archetype?

One of the things this approach requires is that isis.properties can be
found on the classpath.  You might remember I raised this on the mailing
list [1], moving isis.properties from config to src/main/resource.

So, you'll need to do the same for the claims example also.  (See the
support/quickstart/quickrun module by way of comparison).

Are you happy to make this change?

Cheers
Dan

[1]