Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kohei Nozaki <ky...@bridge9.sakura.ne.jp> on 2015/02/07 05:50:19 UTC

Invalid jDKIM signature on quoted-printable mails

Hello,

I'm configuring James-3.0.0-beta5-SNAPSHOT to enable DKIM signing. it creates valid signature for plain text mails, but not for quoted-printable mails that made by Apple Mail. I also tried set forceCRLF=false to DKIMSign mailet but no effect. I'm investing this problem and suspecting logics in CRLFOutputStream or RemoteDelivery now but still the cause is unknown.

Is anyone has any hints or ideas to solve this problem?

Also I posted about details of my setup to my blog: http://www.nailedtothex.org/roller/kyle/entry/configuring-james-to-sign-dkim

Thanks.

Re: Invalid jDKIM signature on quoted-printable mails

Posted by Kohei Nozaki <ky...@bridge9.sakura.ne.jp>.
Hi Eric,

The cause is RemoteDelivery. it crushes validity of the sign through converting quoted-printable to 8bit plain text after DKIMSign mailet has made the sign, due to the property mail.smtp.allow8bitmime=true.

I'm not sure why that property is set true but I guess XML definition will win due to following invocation of props.putAll(defprops).

Sorry come to think of it, I'm not sure where that doc is appropriate. if the jDKIM site has some setup instruction or something, it would be good to place that note.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kohei Nozaki <ky...@bridge9.sakura.ne.jp>.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kohei Nozaki <ky...@bridge9.sakura.ne.jp>.