Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by David Castellà <d....@gmail.com> on 2015/06/01 11:36:56 UTC

Change DESCRIBE Behaviour

Hi all!

I'm developing a bridge between Marmotta and other application called
Rhizomik, and I want to change the Marmotta's DESCRIBE Behaviour,
because I only want the outgoing properties, not the ingoing ones.

Thank you!

--
David Castellà
Open Web Developer & Open Source activist

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year
of conversation. ~Plato

Fwd: Re: Change DESCRIBE Behaviour

Posted by David Castellà <d....@gmail.com>.
"moved" from users@marmotta...

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
OK, moving the discussion to dev@

Thanks for reporting MARMOTTA-615.

The DESCRIBE queries are implemented by GraphQuery.evaluate():

https://github.com/davidkaste/marmotta/blob/MARMOTTA-615/platform/marmotta-sparql/src/main/java/org/apache/marmotta/platform/sparql/services/sparql/SparqlServiceImpl.java#L370

Going deeper,
the org.apache.marmotta.kiwi.sparql.evaluation.KiWiEvaluationStrategy is
the strategy used by the KiWi triple store to evaluate SPARQL queries:

https://github.com/davidkaste/marmotta/blob/MARMOTTA-615/libraries/kiwi/kiwi-sparql/src/main/java/org/apache/marmotta/kiwi/sparql/evaluation/KiWiEvaluationStrategy.java#L53

There all native SQL optimizations are applied. There you'll see the
typical construction is to use evaluateNative() or super.evaluate()
depending if the concrete binding has been optimized of not. Honestly I
have no idea if the DescribeOperator has been already optmized or still
relies on the default Sesame evaluation strategy
(org.openrdf.query.algebra.evaluation.impl.EvaluationStrategyImpl). But at
least from there you can start.

Cheers,

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Castellà <d....@gmail.com>.