Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Yonas Jongkind <yo...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/23 22:33:28 UTC

Comitter

Hi,

I am interested in becoming a comitter for PDFBox. I have a sense that I
have been using the forms stuff a lot more than most, and I have a few
things to contribute.

I have been creating tickets, but not all tickets have been fixed yet.

I maintain out own version here with quite a few changes, and it would be
great if I could merge them back in when I get the time. I would then also
take on some other fixes, including to the tests.

Y.

Life is good!

Re: Comitter

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Ted Dunning wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Yonas Jongkind <yo...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I am interested in becoming a comitter for PDFBox.
>>

> Committer status is recognition for persistent contribution, not the
> pre-requisite.
>
> I have a sense that I
>> have been using the forms stuff a lot more than most, and I have a few
>> things to contribute.
>>

> That sounds great.  Post tickets, attach patches.  The PDFBox community
> seems really open to good input so they should be very interested in what
> you have to say.
That's correct. We are interested in any contribution (patches, bugreports,
testing etc.). There is a lot to do and as we are all volunteers, we will need
more committers ....

>> I have been creating tickets, but not all tickets have been fixed yet.
>>

> Post patches where you have them, even if they aren't final solutions.  The
> key is to involve people in working together on problems.
Jeremias posted a brief description [1] on how to become a committer including
some additional infos.

>> I maintain out own version here with quite a few changes, and it would be
>> great if I could merge them back in when I get the time. I would then also
>> take on some other fixes, including to the tests.
>>

> Indeed.  Maintaining separate versions is real pain in the ...

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] http://markmail.org/message/bb46ul7c4ta4olcr

Re: Comitter