Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Howard Miller <h....@admin.gla.ac.uk> on 2002/09/19 10:06:48 UTC

Backtracking & Breadcrumbs

Hi,

Two slightly different yet related questions.

Does anybody have an elegant way to "forward" to the page that called the
page that has just been processed arbitrarily.

A picture being worth a thousand words

[Page ?]

[Page ? Action]

[Page X]

[Page X Action]

[Page ?]

The point being that [Page ?] can be any page, as almost all my pages will
have a link to [Page X]. Page X's action needs to forward back to [Page ?]
whatever that might be.

...And leading on from that. I want to have a trail of "breadcrumbs" at the
top of my page, so when the user is on [Page X], the will see...

[Home][Main Menu][Page ?][PageX]

all but [Page X] being links to the appropriate page, so they can (a)
shortcut back there and (b) they have sme sense of where they are (as my
navigation is bit wild).

Any offers of a nice way to do this in Struts

Cheers...

Howard Miller