Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roger Williams <ro...@roger.jp> on 2002/03/16 05:02:36 UTC

ErrorDirective and META-REFRESH

I am running apache 1.3.23 (w/FP PHP 4.1.2 and suexec) on freebsd 4.5
STABLE.  I have an ErrorDirective pointing to a page with a META-REFRESH
to lets say http://xyz.com,  this works fine in Netscape.  I go in IE
and for some reason, it will work once and then not again, I get a 404
Error.  Even stranger, once I have gone and "triggered" it so it will
not come up again (404 error), not even other computers can go to it and
get it to work..not even once. This is of course only in IE, Netscape
works through out all these macanations.
  If i put another Directive destination file in httpd.conf, restart, go
back change back to the original refresh page as the Directive,
restart...the whole process starts again.

Any Ideas???????

Roger

Re: ErrorDirective and META-REFRESH

Posted by Irmund Thum <it...@it97.dyn.dhs.org>.
Roger Williams wrote:

> I am running apache 1.3.23 (w/FP PHP 4.1.2 and suexec) on freebsd 4.5
> STABLE.  I have an ErrorDirective pointing to a page with a META-REFRESH
> to lets say http://xyz.com,  this works fine in Netscape.  I go in IE
> and for some reason, it will work once and then not again, I get a 404
> Error.  Even stranger, once I have gone and "triggered" it so it will
> not come up again (404 error), not even other computers can go to it and
> get it to work..not even once.

IE 5.5. is buggy (or let's say MS probably tried once again to establish
  proprietary sh...)
did you ever use ftp with IE5.5?

--
_ ___