Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Jason Romo <ja...@romos.net> on 2020/07/08 03:37:55 UTC

iPad use?

Hello all!
Has anyone been able to get iPads to work for joining a meeting? I mean working video in, audio. It seems whiteboard, video out work fine. But these are issues on Safari: not receiving video, not hearing any audio (both ways) and no mic out from the iPad user. I tested with Firefox and Chrome also. Latest builds in app store as of the time of this email. Only Safari seemed to work a little.

Re: iPad use?

Posted by Stefan Kühl <st...@quatrekuehl.eu>.
Morning,

maybe that suffers on app restrictions at ios?

Greetz

Stefan

Re: iPad use?

Posted by Jason <ja...@romos.net>.

Re: iPad use?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
so we have known bug on Safari
and weird limitations on Chrome/FF (should be googled)

I'll try to check Safari before release (in 1-2 weeks)

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 at 11:58, Jason Romo <ja...@romos.net> wrote:

> Ok I tested.  Seems video works, audio from server works.  But I can't
> hear the Mic from the iPad.  It seems to be the same for chrome and FF.
> But I do see the error: enumerateDevices() not supported with chrome and
> FF.   I see no errors with Safari.

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: iPad use?

Posted by Jason Romo <ja...@romos.net>.

Re: iPad use?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
KMS was down
Please try now :)

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 at 11:27, Jason Romo <ja...@romos.net> wrote:

> Well it seems even Mac OSX doesn't work. I get: Multimedia server is
> inaccessible. On both devices.
>
> Is the demo server working?

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: iPad use?

Posted by Jason Romo <ja...@romos.net>.

Re: iPad use?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Can you check if things are better at demo-next:
https://om.alteametasoft.com:8443/next ?

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 at 11:06, Jason Romo <ja...@romos.net> wrote:

> I tried with FF and chrome and those even seemed to do worse.  They throw
> javascript errors.  No video.  I am willing to test any browsers.  I have
> an iPad Pro 2020 with Magic Keyboard, pen running the latest iOS.  I use it
> a lot just to draw and turn off the audio and video and join with a second
> account just to have the pen to draw.  It works well for that, but now
> people want to use their iPads instead.
>
> So is a patch planned for M5 to fix the audio issue?  I also notice the
> inbound video is not working.  I am still on M2.  So could be something
> that was fixed in M3 or M4 release.

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: iPad use?

Posted by Jason Romo <ja...@romos.net>.

Re: iPad use?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jason,

AFAIK we only have one issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-2277
FF and Chrome should work

But unfortunately I don't have iPad to test so can't tell for sure :(