Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Yudi P <sp...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/23 04:13:08 UTC

reinstall management server

hi all,

my management server is broken so i need to reinstall it from backup database,

i can restore it and login to web page but i cant start the VM,
host status also shown as unsecure
 anyone have experience in this?

regards,
udee

Re: reinstall management server

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
Not sure which version you run but you can have a look on the API reference under Certificate version: https://cloudstack.apache.org/api/apidocs-4.14/

You can also have a look on the installation guide for management: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/installguide/management-server/index.html

Thanks,
Bobby.

On 24.11.20, 9:54, "Yudi P" <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

    hi,

    how to reissue the certificate and provision it?
    im using same network configuration, version, etc
    i just notice my virtual router stuck at starting.

    btw what is the best way to recreate management server ?

    thanks,
    udee

Posted by Yudi P <sp...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
Try to provision certificate to the kvm host, if that doesn't help I guess you'll need to reissue the certificate and provision it again. I think since you have a new management host KVM host does not trust the connection, maybe the certificate is referring to the old host fingerprints.

Thanks,
Bobby.

On 23.11.20, 9:51, "Hean Seng" <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

    I suppose your new managemnet server and old management server are the same
    network configuration,   cloudstack version etc , right ?

    Probably look at the log see if any error

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 3:42 PM Yudi P <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

    > hi all,
    >
    > my management server is broken so i need to reinstall it from backup
    > database,
    >
    > i can restore it and login to web page but i cant start the VM,
    > host status also shown as unsecure
    >  anyone have experience in this?
    >
    > regards,
    > udee

    Hean Seng

Re: reinstall management server

Posted by Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com>.
I suppose your new managemnet server and old management server are the same
network configuration,   cloudstack version etc , right ?

Probably look at the log see if any error

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 3:42 PM Yudi P <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> my management server is broken so i need to reinstall it from backup
> database,
>
> i can restore it and login to web page but i cant start the VM,
> host status also shown as unsecure
>  anyone have experience in this?
>
> regards,
> udee