Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Jason, Kim" <hi...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/13 04:32:31 UTC

About setting solrconfig.xml

Hi, all.
I got some question about solrconfig.xml.
I have 10 fields in a document for index.
(Suppose that field names are f1, f2, ... , f10.)
Some user will want to search in field f1 and f5.
Another user will want to search in field f2, f3 and f7.

I am going to use dismax handler for this.
How should I write a dismax handler to satisfy variouse need.
Please give me any idea or a example.

(I know Dismax's qf parameter limits fields which user want to be searched.
Should I write dismax handlers for every case?
I think it's wrong. How should I do?)

Thanks in advance.

Re: About setting solrconfig.xml

Posted by Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Jason,

> Hi, all.
> I got some question about solrconfig.xml.
> I have 10 fields in a document for index.
> (Suppose that field names are f1, f2, ... , f10.)
> Some user will want to search in field f1 and f5.
> Another user will want to search in field f2, f3 and f7.
>
> I am going to use dismax handler for this.
> How should I write a dismax handler to satisfy variouse need.
> Please give me any idea or a example.
>
> (I know Dismax's qf parameter limits fields which user want to be searched.
> Should I write dismax handlers for every case?
> I think it's wrong. How should I do?)

Why is it wrong? I don't think so. You name the queryhandlers and
specify them
while searching via qt=dismaxForUser1, etc.

Another solution could be to specify the qf parameter directly while
querying ...

Regards,
Peter.

--