Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Sami Sierla <sa...@poplatek.fi> on 2012/10/16 10:52:11 UTC

Odd behaviour with first compaction of a very large view

Hi,

We are using CouchDB 1.2.0 in a production environment which has a database of about 110M docs. We've just done design doc updates related to a version update of our software but ran into trouble when trying to to compact one of newly built views. There are four views in the design doc with about 150M docs indexed (mostly only keys with null values emitted) and the uncompacted size is about 200Gt. When we try to compact views, first 30% or so will progress quite fast, about in two hours, but after that compression totally stalls to a rate of about 1% /hour. Do you have any ideas what could cause this?

BR,
Sami Sierla