Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/20 19:38:36 UTC

Re: Hadoop Dashboard and XML Status Feed

One thing that popped into my head when I saw this subject line was "Hadoop node status published as RSS" - for those who spend a lot of time in their feed readers or for easy integration this might be useful.  And maybe something you can easily provide since it sounds like you already have XML generation.

Otis

________________________________
Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
The chukwa UI widgets are (according to the UG talk last night) going to be
open-sourced next week.

I would love to see some alternative designs for comparison.  The Yahoo crew
have their own special problems in that they are running 4000 nodes and
moving to 10,000 soon.  They need a second hadoop cluster just to munch the
logs.  Most of us use much smaller clusters (dozens of machines or less) and
would be thrilled to just get something slightly nicer than ganglia.  Node
level stats with cluster level rollups would be fantastic.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve