Posted to users@royale.apache.org by De Carli Gustavo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/16 15:56:01 UTC

Creation popup by as

Hello, someone could be oriented because I do not have the same behavior in
the creation of a popup by msxml than by as. thank you very much
Method, popupByAs, is the problem, does nothing.

thank

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<j:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
xmlns:html="library://ns.apache.org/royale/html"
xmlns:j="library://ns.apache.org/royale/jewel"
xmlns:Button="main.components.Button.*"
xmlns:Form="main.components.Form.*"
xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/royale/basic"
xmlns:c="components.*">

<fx:Script>
<![CDATA[

import org.apache.royale.events.Event;
import org.apache.royale.jewel.Button;
import org.apache.royale.jewel.PopUp;

public function popupByAS(event:Event):void
{
trace('In method byAs');
var oneLabel:Label = new Label();
oneLabel.text = "Hello by As";
oneLabel.visible = true;

var onePopup:PopUp = new PopUp();
onePopup.content = oneLabel;

onePopup.open = true;
}

]]>
</fx:Script>

<j:initialView>
<j:View>
<j:Button id="btnByInMXML"
text="By Method MXML"
x="10"
y="200"
emphasis="primary"
click="{this.popByMethod.open = true}"/>

<j:PopUp id="popByMethod">
<j:Label id="lblByMethod" text="Hello Method XML"/>
</j:PopUp>

<j:Button id="btnByInAS"
text="By Metodo AS"
x="10"
y="200"
emphasis="primary"
click="{this.popupByAS(event)}"/>
</j:View>
</j:initialView>
</j:Application>

Re: Creation popup by as

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Ok Gustavo,
creo que no vi ese último enlace. Ahora lo entiendo. Efectivamente, como se
comenta en ese hilo no todos los compoenentes implementan IMXMLDocument
y actualmente lo habitual es separar en distintos ficheros partiendo del
contender directamente superior tal y como se hace en el ejemplo [1]. Es
una cuestión de rendimiento y PAYG.

Gracias :)

[1]
https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/develop/examples/royale/TourDeJewel/src/main/royale/components/SomePopUpContent.mxml

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Creation popup by as

Posted by De Carli Gustavo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Creation popup by as

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Gustavo,

please check this commit:

https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/commit/165393449114c215e80e538644c03b00c7e42ba5

I uploaded a working example in TDJ about how to instantiate a PopUp via
AS3. I don't see any issue. Maybe there's a language barrier. If you think
there's some issue, please let me know with more detail so I can try to
identify it.

Thanks! :)

Carlos

El mar., 17 dic. 2019 a las 3:43, De Carli Gustavo (<
gustavodecarli@gmail.com>) escribió:

> Carlos, I think the error is classified with this post.
>

> http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/TypeError-this-generateMXMLAttributes-is-not-a-function-td8881.html
>
> thk.
>
> El lun., 16 dic. 2019 a las 19:11, De Carli Gustavo (<
> gustavodecarli@gmail.com>) escribió:
>

>> Carlos No. both examples didn't work for me .
>> About your comment, MyPopup already has inside a label component.
>>

>> El lun., 16 dic. 2019 a las 15:59, Carlos Rovira (<
>> carlosrovira@apache.org>) escribió:
>>
>>> Hi Gustavo,
>>>
>>> I didn't understand if you finally get it working or not, can you
>>> specify?
>>> thanks

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Creation popup by as

Posted by De Carli Gustavo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Creation popup by as

Posted by De Carli Gustavo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Creation popup by as

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Gustavo,

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Creation popup by as

Posted by De Carli Gustavo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Creation popup by as

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Gustavo,

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Creation popup by as

Posted by De Carli Gustavo <gu...@gmail.com>.

escribió:

> Hi Carli,
>
> the main problem is that you need to add to the parent the popup created
> with
>
> addElement(onePopup);
>
> Notice that each time you'll be creating one popup and adding to the
> container, so maybe you need to create some logic to ensure creation and
> addition to parent is done just one time.
>
> An additional issue (that does not gives error) is that click event
> handlers has binding expressions. That's not needed
>
> instead of
>
> click="{this.popByMethod.open = true}"
>
> you write only:
>
> click="popByMethod.open = true"
>

> HTH
>
> Carlos
>

> El lun., 16 dic. 2019 a las 17:03, Carlos Rovira (<ca...@apache.org>)
> escribió:
>
>> Hi Carli,
>> I'm going to try your code and see what I can report about it
>>
>> El lun., 16 dic. 2019 a las 16:56, De Carli Gustavo (<
>> gustavodecarli@gmail.com>) escribió:
>>
>>> Hello, someone could be oriented because I do not have the same behavior
>>> in the creation of a popup by msxml than by as. thank you very much
>>> Method, popupByAs, is the problem, does nothing.
>>>
>>> thank
>>>

>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>>> <j:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
>>> xmlns:html="library://ns.apache.org/royale/html"
>>> xmlns:j="library://ns.apache.org/royale/jewel"
>>> xmlns:Button="main.components.Button.*"
>>> xmlns:Form="main.components.Form.*"
>>> xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/royale/basic"
>>> xmlns:c="components.*">
>>>
>>> <fx:Script>
>>> <![CDATA[
>>>
>>> import org.apache.royale.events.Event;
>>> import org.apache.royale.jewel.Button;
>>> import org.apache.royale.jewel.PopUp;
>>>
>>> public function popupByAS(event:Event):void
>>> {
>>> trace('In method byAs');
>>> var oneLabel:Label = new Label();
>>> oneLabel.text = "Hello by As";
>>> oneLabel.visible = true;
>>>
>>> var onePopup:PopUp = new PopUp();
>>> onePopup.content = oneLabel;
>>>
>>> onePopup.open = true;
>>> }
>>>
>>> ]]>
>>> </fx:Script>
>>>
>>> <j:initialView>
>>> <j:View>
>>> <j:Button id="btnByInMXML"
>>> text="By Method MXML"
>>> x="10"
>>> y="200"
>>> emphasis="primary"
>>> click="{this.popByMethod.open = true}"/>
>>>

>>> <j:PopUp id="popByMethod">
>>> <j:Label id="lblByMethod" text="Hello Method XML"/>
>>> </j:PopUp>
>>>

>>> <j:Button id="btnByInAS"
>>> text="By Metodo AS"
>>> x="10"