Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Brendan Grainger <br...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/09 21:45:23 UTC

Query

+(
((content:electro) (content:hydraulic) (content:power) (content:assist)
(content:steer))~5))
--
Brendan Grainger
www.kuripai.com

Re: Query

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You probably want something more like "electro hydraulic power assist
steering"~5,
quote marks and all. And note that it's not quite "within 5 positions",
it's more
"up to five single-word transpositions" which is kind of a slippery concept.

"electro hydraulic  assist power steering"~5 would require 1 transposition
match the above, flipping around "power" and "assist" for instance.

FWIW,
Erick

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Brendan Grainger <brendan.grainger@gmail.com

Re: Query