Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org> on 2005/05/26 22:33:37 UTC

Re: [sa-list] Spamcop reporting

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just started reporting spam and I wonder if SpamCop really
> expects it's users to confirm every submission in the web interface?

Yes, they do.  This is to ensure a minimum of false positives.  By
default, I only report things that do NOT hit my usual scores (i.e. I
report false negatives).

You can report anonymously, but they tend to count less (although they are
counted, ISPs do not get a detailed writeup of the incident as they get
with a "full" report), the ISP just gets a "summary note" on a daily basis
that says how many spams are coming from them.

-Dan

--

"SOY BOMB!"

-The Chest of the nameless streaker of the 1998 Grammy Awards' Bob Dylan
Performance.