Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Alex Thor." <de...@web.de> on 2006/07/14 23:32:19 UTC

only user_prefs from root read

hello,

Spamassassin has been working for a few days now, i'm quite satisfied
with it (actually i haven't got a single spam since then :) )
my only problem:
it seems that spamass doesn't/cann't read the individual user_prefs
files.

i use a sendmail dual configuration, amavisd-new, and spamass-milter

here some config files/outputs

-----------------
root 21075     1   0 22:51:33 ?           0:05 /opt/csw/bin/perl
-T /opt/csw/bin/spamd -d -u spamd
    root 21080     1   0 22:51:51 ?
0:02 /opt/csw/sbin/spamass-milter -p /var/run/spamass.sock -f
   spamd 21077 21075   0 22:51:40 ?           0:10 /opt/csw/bin/perl
-T /opt/csw/bin/spamd -d -u spamd
   spamd 21076 21075   3 22:51:40 ?           1:13 /opt/csw/bin/perl
-T /opt/csw/bin/spamd -d -u spamd
----------------

----------------
#less /etc/mail/sendmail-rx.mc

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin', `S=local:/var/run/spamass.sock, F=T,
T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl
define(`confMILTER_MACROS_CONNECT',`b, j, _, {daemon_name}, {if_name},
{if_addr}')dnl

-----------------

----------------
#less /opt/csw/etc/spamassassin/local.cf

allow_user_rules 1

clear_report_template
clear_unsafe_report_template

required_score 3

use_bayes 1

bayes_auto_learn 1
----------------

i use

spamass_milter  0.3.0
spamassassin    3.1.3

 on a

#uname -a
SunOS name 5.10 Generic_118822-25 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4

what did i do wrong?

Thanks!
Alex Thor.

Re: RE: only user_prefs from root read

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> i disagree here, spamass-milter can definitively handle per-user prefs,
> that's the reason i chose it in the first place :)
> ...but i'm still doing something wrong

FWIW, spamasss-milter has been known to have problems with recent versions
of SA.

        Loren

Re: RE: only user_prefs from root read

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
>On 2006-07-15 01:21, Gary V wrote:
> > Not sure if this still applies, but you have:
> >
> > /opt/csw/sbin/spamass-milter -p /var/run/spamass.sock -f
> >
> > According to:
> >
>http://www.monkey.org/freebsd/archive/freebsd-questions/200411/msg01326.html
> >
> > "Make sure you are passing spamass-milter the "-u defaultuser" flag;
> > otherwise it won't try to extract the recipient name from the incoming
> > email."
> >
> > Gary V
> >
>Thanks!
>it works like a charm! :)
>
>Alex
>

>From what I have read, if a message has mutiple recipients, the user_prefs
of the defaultuser will be used.

Gary V

Re: RE: only user_prefs from root read

Posted by "Alex Thor." <de...@web.de>.
On 2006-07-15 01:21, Gary V wrote:
> Not sure if this still applies, but you have:
>
> /opt/csw/sbin/spamass-milter -p /var/run/spamass.sock -f
>
> According to:
> http://www.monkey.org/freebsd/archive/freebsd-questions/200411/msg01326.html
>
> "Make sure you are passing spamass-milter the "-u defaultuser" flag;
> otherwise it won't try to extract the recipient name from the incoming
> email."
>
> Gary V

Thanks!
it works like a charm! :)

Alex

Re: RE: only user_prefs from root read

Posted by "Alex Thor." <de...@web.de>.
On 2006-07-14 22:39, Gary V wrote:
> >>hello,
> >>
> >>Spamassassin has been working for a few days now, i'm quite
satisfied
> >>with it (actually i haven't got a single spam since then :) )
> >>my only problem:
> >>it seems that spamass doesn't/cann't read the individual user_prefs
> >>files.
> >>
> >>i use a sendmail dual configuration, amavisd-new, and spamass-milter
> >>

> >There is only one user when you run amavisd-new - the amavisd-new
user
> >(usually amavis or vscan).

amavisd should have nothing to do with spamass-milter

> > Only the user prefs for that user are read when
> >amavisd-new scans a message with spamassassin.

correct

> > I'm not familiar with
> >sendmail or spamass-milter, but I would imagine amavisd-new runs
after
> >spamass-milter,

indeed. amavisd-new is relaying between the two MTA-sendmails

> > so any mail passed to amavisd-new will have the previous
> >spamassassin results ignored. If spam checks are enabled in
amavisd-new,
> >you are running the mail through spamassassin twice.

spam checks are disabled in amavisd-new

> >Gary V
>
> This may also apply:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=spamassassin-users

i disagree here, spamass-milter can definitively handle per-user prefs,
that's the reason i chose it in the first place :)
...but i'm still doing something wrong

thanks,
Alex

RE: only user_prefs from root read

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
>>hello,
>>
>>Spamassassin has been working for a few days now, i'm quite satisfied
>>with it (actually i haven't got a single spam since then :) )
>>my only problem:
>>it seems that spamass doesn't/cann't read the individual user_prefs
>>files.
>>
>>i use a sendmail dual configuration, amavisd-new, and spamass-milter
>>

>There is only one user when you run amavisd-new - the amavisd-new user
>(usually amavis or vscan). Only the user prefs for that user are read when
>amavisd-new scans a message with spamassassin. I'm not familiar with
>sendmail or spamass-milter, but I would imagine amavisd-new runs after
>spamass-milter, so any mail passed to amavisd-new will have the previous
>spamassassin results ignored. If spam checks are enabled in amavisd-new,
>you are running the mail through spamassassin twice.
>
>Gary V

This may also apply:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=spamassassin-users&m=109099505924168&w=2

RE: only user_prefs from root read