Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Menaka Jayawardena <me...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/03 16:59:42 UTC

GSOC VXQuery Indexing project - Summary of the meeting 02/08/2016

Hello,

In this meeting we discussed about the next step of indexing project.

So far we have completed the following milestones.
1. Add update index function
2. Add delete index function
3. Parallelized index creation, update and delete processes. (Index
accessing process is in progress)

Currently, indexes are created in user specified directory. Also, user
cannot know what the existing indexes are.

So, as the next step of the project, following features will be integrated.

1. Index centralization. User can specify a directory in local.xml where
all indexes will be stored. There an xml file will store the collection and
index directory paths.
2. Add show index function which will list the collections which already
has an index created.

In this week, I'll be working on completing index access parallelization
and the other sections.

Best regards,
Menaka

--