Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Mehdi Ben Hamida <me...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/08 10:11:18 UTC

Review and questions about Lucene Java 2.9.0

Hello,

I'm reviewing and doing some researches on Lucene Java 2.9.0, to check if it
meets our needs.

Unfortunately I don't find answers to some of my questions, and I hope you
can answer them, and provide any references that prove your answer.

   - Do you confirm that Lucene enables load tests, and that there are no
   limitations, only hardware/server limitations?
   - Is "Fail-over", "load sharing / load balancing" taken into account?
   Does the API support it?
   - Is there any limitation in the number of users accessing the API within
   an application?
   - Is there any limitation in the number of transactions held by the API
   within an application?
   - I read that read only concurrent access is possible, but is there a
   limitation in the number of these accesses?
   - I read that security access is not supported by Lucene, is it true?
   All security aspects (data's, access, communication...) should be developed
   and held by the application and that the API does not provide any security
   classes.

Thanks a lot for your help.

 *Mehdi Ben Hamida*

Re: Review and questions about Lucene Java 2.9.0

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Mehdi,

your requirements sound to be fulfilled mostly by Apache Solr which is
a web-based packaging of Lucene.

paul.