Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kelly Fox <ke...@medops.com> on 2002/01/14 20:21:56 UTC

inserting unicode checkbox characters

I'm trying to add some Unicode check boxes to a PDF document created by FOP.
If I use &#x2610; or &#x2612; then only a pound sign (#) is printed where I
expect the check boxes to appear. I tried setting the XML encoding to UTF-16
in my XSL document, like this:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

... but that gives me an error. Besides, I'm not even sure that's what I
need to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kelly
--
Kelly Fox
System Administrator

Re: inserting unicode checkbox characters

Posted by ewitness - Ben Fowler <bf...@ewitness.co.uk>.
>I'm trying to add some Unicode check boxes to a PDF document created by FOP.
>If I use &#x2610; or &#x2612; then only a pound sign (#) is printed where I
>expect the check boxes to appear. I tried setting the XML encoding to UTF-16
>in my XSL document, like this:

I think that I have met the same problem, which I solved by
using decimal numbers, exempli gratia these entities

     &#8220 &#8221

are left and right double quotes.

Ben