Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Vt <an...@gmx.ch> on 2020/02/19 09:22:35 UTC

Re: Interpreting a number as enumerator and show the text

Text in the or another field doesn't matter

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
Assuming you have a list of the numbers and associated text in separate
adjacent columns, you would use VLOOKUP. There is a VLOOKUP tutorial at
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=46746

On 19/2/20 8:08 pm, Andrea Vt wrote:
> Thank you David for the question
>
> I use calc to extract numbers which ha a meaning ...
>
> My english is not very good - is it clear now? :-)
>

> Am 19.02.2020 um 10:32 schrieb David Robley:
>> In which component of OpenOffice are you needing to do this? You seem
>> to be using inadequate, or insufficient, words here also.
>>
>> On 19/2/20 7:52 pm, Andrea Vt wrote:
>>> Text in the or another field doesn't matter

Cheers
--
David Robley

"I hate metal on my teeth," Tom said abrasively.

Re: Interpreting a number as enumerator and show the text

Posted by Andrea Vt <an...@gmx.ch>.
Thank you David for the question

I use calc to extract numbers which ha a meaning ...

My english is not very good - is it clear now? :-)

Am 19.02.2020 um 10:32 schrieb David Robley:
> In which component of OpenOffice are you needing to do this? You seem
> to be using inadequate, or insufficient, words here also.
>
> On 19/2/20 7:52 pm, Andrea Vt wrote:
>> Text in the or another field doesn't matter
>>
>> Am 19.02.2020 um 10:19 schrieb Andrea Vt:
>>> Hello world :-)
>>>
>>> I decided to send two message because ...... I hit send to early
>>> *rotfl*
>>>
>>> Question 2: How can I show a text, depending on a number.
>>>
>>> E.g.
>>>
>>> 1 -> "That's one"
>>> 2 -> "First digit of e"

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
In which component of OpenOffice are you needing to do this? You seem to
be using inadequate, or insufficient, words here also.

On 19/2/20 7:52 pm, Andrea Vt wrote:
> Text in the or another field doesn't matter
>
> Am 19.02.2020 um 10:19 schrieb Andrea Vt:
>> Hello world :-)
>>
>> I decided to send two message because ...... I hit send to early *rotfl*
>>
>> Question 2: How can I show a text, depending on a number.
>>
>> E.g.
>>
>> 1 -> "That's one"
>> 2 -> "First digit of e"
>> 3 -> "Less than Pi"
>>
>> Texts on a separate sheet? Table?...
>>
>>  I irritated google long enough, using inadequate words :)
>>
>> I hope you still have a nice day :-)
>> Andrea

Cheers
--
David Robley

Skiier: Avalanche looking for a place to happen.

Re: Interpreting a number as enumerator and show the text

Posted by Andrea Vt <an...@gmx.ch>.
Sorry for typo:

... in the same or ...