Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Oliver Lieven <ol...@provantis.de> on 2007/10/28 18:39:58 UTC

1.3.0-beta4: updateFeedback() gone?

Hi,

in 1.3.0-beta4, Page.renderPage() doesn't call the updateFeedback() on its
children any more. Because of this change the FormComponentFeedbackBorder
component fails to work.

Is there a reason for this change? Do I have to call updateFeedback() now
myself? What's the supposed place to do this?

Thanks for any hints on this,
Oliver

Re: 1.3.0-beta4: updateFeedback() gone?

Posted by Oliver Lieven <ol...@provantis.de>.
Hi, browsing the JIRA I found WICKET-836 (which originally addressed a
different problem), but I think that the call to updateFeedback() was
removed because of this issue.

At the end of WICKET-836 it was said that the original issue was caused by
wrong usage. So I wonder if there is still a reason for removing the
updateFeedback() call in Page.renderPage(). As said,
FormComponentFeedbackBorder doesn't work any more because of this change.

regards,

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
It is indeed a bug in FormComponentFeedbackBorder. Should be fixed
soon though :)

-Matej

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.