Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by santosh365 <sm...@yahoo.com> on 2012/03/02 10:38:48 UTC

Xalan Command

Hi,

I am a newbie to xalan. Is there any way to combine the two commands below
so that the large XML file UTRAN_TOPOLOGY.xml does not have to be loaded
into memory twice?

java -Xms1500m -Xmx1500m -cp C:\xalan\xalan.jar
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in C:\xalan\UTRAN_TOPOLOGY.xml -xsl
C:\xalan\UtranCell.xslt -out C:\xalan\UtranCell.txt

java -Xms1500m -Xmx1500m -cp C:\xalan\xalan.jar
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in C:\xalan\UTRAN_TOPOLOGY.xml -xsl
C:\xalan\UtranIubLink.xslt -out C:\xalan\UtranIubLink.txt

Thanks

Re: Xalan Command

Posted by Michael Ludwig <mi...@gmx.de>.
Mukul Gandhi schrieb am 02.03.2012 um 16:43 (+0530):
> from top of my head, I think to be able to reuse an XML document
> in-memory for another transformation would require you to use an API
> (for e.g,
> http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/apidocs/javax/xml/transform/Source.html).

Another solution would be EXSLT. More specifically <exsl:document>.

--
Michael Ludwig

Re: Xalan Command

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <ga...@gmail.com>.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:08 PM, santosh365 <sm...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to xalan. Is there any way to combine the two commands below
> so that the large XML file UTRAN_TOPOLOGY.xml does not have to be loaded
> into memory twice?
>
> java -Xms1500m -Xmx1500m -cp C:\xalan\xalan.jar
> org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in C:\xalan\UTRAN_TOPOLOGY.xml -xsl
> C:\xalan\UtranCell.xslt -out C:\xalan\UtranCell.txt
>
> java -Xms1500m -Xmx1500m -cp C:\xalan\xalan.jar
> org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in C:\xalan\UTRAN_TOPOLOGY.xml -xsl
> C:\xalan\UtranIubLink.xslt -out C:\xalan\UtranIubLink.txt
>
> Thanks

Mukul Gandhi