Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bill Haneman <Bi...@ireland.sun.com> on 2000/12/20 10:59:51 UTC

RE: How to use an already existing DOM Document for generating Im ages.

Hi:

I wrote the javadoc API for transcoder... but not the
implementation.

My belief, at least, is that the Document parameter
should be a Document and not an SVGDocument.

If that doesn't work now, my opinion is that we
should fix it.  However others may have a different
view - I think it warrants discussion.

Thanks for the reports of problems.  I think that
requiring the "Document" parameter to be an SVGDocument
will limit our interface unnecessarily.

Regards,

-Bill

------