Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Leonard Lausen <la...@apache.org> on 2020/11/04 00:11:14 UTC

[DISCUSS] MXNet 2 Alpha Release

Dear MXNet community,

I'd like to discuss start voting on a MXNet 2 Alpha release soon. As you all
know, ASF policy requires that any publication of MXNet outside our development
community must be endorsed by the PPMC and Incubator via a release vote.
According to the ASF Release policy, 'Releases that only represent a project
milestone and are intended only for bleeding-edge developers working outside the
project are called "alpha".'

The GluonNLP project for example has started adopting MXNet 2 and has found it
to work well for the requirements of the project. With GluonNLP's success in
adopting MXNet 2, we may consider our development to have reached a milestone
and can consider releasing an Alpha of MXNet 2 so that bleeding-edge
developers can start making use of the great work that went into MXNet 2.

On the road towards a stable MXNet 2 we may vote on a beta release later.
Missing items for a beta are tracked in
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/19139

Please let me know if you have any concerns about this. Otherwise we may start
to prepare for an Alpha release soon.

Best regards
Leonard

Re: [DISCUSS] MXNet 2 Alpha Release

Posted by "Skalicky, Sam" <ss...@amazon.com.INVALID>.
+3 (one vote for me, myself, and I :-D)

On 11/3/20, 4:13 PM, "Marco de Abreu" <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

    I think it's a good idea to make an alpha release to give people an early
    impression.

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@gmail.com>.