Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu> on 2000/11/08 23:12:38 UTC

xsl:copy-of & taglib difficulty

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of a problem and would appreciate
any help.  In my xml file I have the following:

<xsp:page
	xmlns:myTagLib="http://xyz.com"
	xmlns:xsp="http://apache/..."

<page>
<xsp:logic>

	Document doc = xspParser.parse(  new InputSource(
		new StringReader( "<data>well formatted database data</data>" )));

	xspCurrentNode.appendChild(
		document.importNode( doc.getFirstChild(), true );

</xsp:logic>
</page>
</xsp:page>

then in my xsl I want to display the well-formed xml as is with :

<textarea>
	<xsl:copy-of select="data/node()"/>
</textarea>

The problem here is that I get this as output:

<textarea>
	<data xmlns:mytaglib="http://xyz.com">
		well formatted database data
	</data>
</textarea>

Notice there is a namespace declaration within the data tag.
I tried including this within my stylesheet

<xsl:stylesheet
	xmlns:MyTagLib="http://xyz.com"
	exclude-result-prefixes="MyTagLib"

w/o an effect.  The reason I post this on the cocoon list and
not an XSLT one is I hoped someone could explain why the MyTagLib
prefix was appearing on the data, but the xsp prefix does not.

-matt