Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Troy McKinnon <Tr...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/22 08:24:28 UTC

Unable to read entire header

I have a big problem, and I am hoping for an easy solution or workaround.

I am trying to read an excel file using POI, but I get the following error:

java.io.IOException: Unable to read entire header; 279 bytes read; expected
512 bytes
   at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.HeaderBlockReader.<init><HeaderBlockReader.java
:78>

If I open the file in excel and resave it.. all is good.  Unfortunately I
don't have this option.
Is there some way to work around this. I am receiving the file as an
InputStream via Http.

Troy

Re: Unable to read entire header

Posted by Troy McKinnon <Tr...@hotmail.com>.
I am using the original version. I will have to give the older 2.0 a try.

Troy

There were problems with files containing lists and using POI 2.5. With
POI 2.0 the things were working.

Maybe it results from this or similar errors.

Regards, Karl-Heinz.

AW: Unable to read entire header