Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by djeanprost <dj...@sofaxis.com> on 2009/01/30 14:24:34 UTC

release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Hello,

Judging from
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel,
it seems that everything got fixed for the 2.6 version of
maven-eclipse-plugin. Can someone tell us when it will be available to
everybody ?
regards,
dom

Re: release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Rahul,
  I reverted your change and opened an issue :
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-530
  I attached your patch and I also updated integration tests.
  My problem is that I'm not sure your change will work with  eclipse < 3.4
?

Arnaud

--
Arnaud

Re: release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Rahul,

--
Arnaud

Re: release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
ok thanks a lot.I tested it (Mac OS X Leopard) and everything is fine

cheers

Arnaud

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Just ask me before to start but there are few chance that I'l do it in
> > incoming daysI "fixed tests" by removing a commit from rahul. I opened an
> > issue. I f we want to apply it, we have to update many ITs.
>
> Ok.
> I have started on the IT cleanup that was causing me issues.
>
> I'm happy that is fixed now.
> Will look into starting the release process tonight.

Arnaud

Re: release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > if the release wasn't done, you'll make many users happy doing it
>
> I didnt want to start the process if someone else has already started it.
> (and I was having test failures on my machine from trunk previously)

Arnaud

Re: release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How is this coming along?
> I think I am getting some more free time in the coming weeks to help if
> needed.

Arnaud

Re: release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
How is this coming along?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:59 AM, djeanprost <dj...@sofaxis.com> wrote:

> Well,
>
> I have problem to use the last SNAPSHOT because of artifacts download
> problem and I don't have time to solve it.

ok, let me known if some artefacts aren't deployed.

> Anyway, I made this test using eclipse 3.3.0 :
> replaced every M2_REPO entries in my .classpath to /M2_REPO : didn't notice
> anything wrong : it seems to work (when displaying java build path in
> eclipse : it still shows M2_REPO/... I assume it translates it on the fly,
> or know how to deal with both).
> Hope this help.

ok. yes it helps. If it works with 3.3 and 3.4 we can introduce it. I think
we have few users using 3.2 and less

> I'm looking forward using the release.

> Dom
>

> Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
> >
> > ok, bad investigation.Generated classpaths changed. now it has
> > "/M2_REPO/....." entries instead of "M2_REPO/..." before and integration
> > testcases weren't updated.
> > I found the chenge here by rahul :
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-eclipse-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/eclipse/writers/EclipseClasspathWriter.java?r1=728546&r2=745720&diff_format=h
> > But there's no issue in Jira.
> > Is this change compatible with older eclipse versions ?
> >
> > Dom did you test a SNAPSHOT having this change ?
> >
> > cheers
> >

> > arnaud
> >

> > On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM, Arnaud HERITIER
> > <ah...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> I have some issues with integration tests. It's always the same problem
> :
> >> the plugin finds some artifacts sources and adds them in the .classpath
> >> whereas ITs didn't have them.I'm trying to fix them...
> >>
> >> Arnaud

> we

> >> --
> >> Arnaud
> >>

> > --
> > Arnaud

Arnaud

Re: release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Posted by djeanprost <dj...@sofaxis.com>.
Well,

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

--
Arnaud

Re: release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

--
Arnaud

Re: release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
yes ;-)Parent poms where published this week. I'm trying to launch the vote
this WE.
You should have the new release in one week.

cheers

Arnaud

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 6:18 PM, djeanprost <dj...@sofaxis.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How things are going ? Is the release almost ready ?
> I'm looking forward to get next release.
>
> Dom
>
> Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
> >
> > ok. We are waiting to see if parents can be released quickly or if we hav
> > adapt the plugin to use new settings (nexus)
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:18 AM, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> release
> >>
> >> Ahh.
> >>
> >> Yes you can try releasing Arnaud.
> >>
> >> My computer went boom on 26th Jan, i've only just got it back up to
> >> limping speed and a default check out of eclipse is failing on ITs.
> >> I have a cold/flu so it hasn't been high on the list to check :)

> > --
> > Arnaud

Arnaud

Re: release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Posted by djeanprost <dj...@sofaxis.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
ok. We are waiting to see if parents can be released quickly or if we hav to

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Brian Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu>wrote:

> You will need to change the distmgt to match the new parent poms or wait
> for those to be staged(I'm waiting for svn to be back up to finish all the
> plugin updates)
>
> --Brian (mobile)
>

> On Feb 16, 2009, at 5:58 PM, Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Without any other comments, I'll launch the release as is.
>>
>> Arnaud
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Arnaud HERITIER <aheritier@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  Did you test the last SNAPSHOT ?
>>> Barrie can we launch the release process ?
>>>
>>> Arnaud
>>>

>>> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM, djeanprost <djeanprost@sofaxis.com

>>> --
>>> Arnaud
>>>

>> --
>> Arnaud

Arnaud

Re: release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

--
Arnaud

Re: release of maven-eclipse-plugin 2.6 ?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Did you test the last SNAPSHOT ?
Barrie can we launch the release process ?

Arnaud

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM, djeanprost <dj...@sofaxis.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Judging from
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel
> ,
> it seems that everything got fixed for the 2.6 version of
> maven-eclipse-plugin. Can someone tell us when it will be available to
> everybody ?
> regards,
> dom

Arnaud