Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Pearson, Andrew" <an...@citi.com> on 2001/05/16 14:41:51 UTC

can't get SOAP working

Dear All,

I have just installed soap and am having trouble getting the example in
soap/samples/addressbook working. I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "main"
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
A 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClien
t.java:127)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java
:140)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:2
28)

I am using Soap 2.1, Tomcat 3.2.1, and Xerces 1.2.3

Any ideas?

thanks & regards,
Andy

Re: can't get SOAP working

Posted by Rahul <hi...@vjcs.com>.
Hi....
I am using the same configuration...it's working fine with addressbook
example.
I am trying to get it done on weblogic...but its not working on weblogic...

try this site...configure it accordingly..
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-peer2/?dwzone=w

Best of luck
RAHUL

Re: can't get SOAP working