Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dr. Michael Stehmann" <an...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de> on 2022/03/14 09:31:10 UTC

Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2022

Hello,

Mechtilde did a great job running the Apache OpenOffice (virtual) booth
at the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage this weekend.

On both days she has some usefull talks with users of free office suites.

Sje got an interesting feed back afterwards: AOO starts on a netbook
considerably quicker and needs less ressources than LO. That is
important for such a use case.

The workadventure was not so crowded as the real life event, but the
Chemnitzer Linux-Tage are still one of the most important Free Software
events in central Europe.

So it was good to have a (virtual) booth there; esp. because LO hasn't
one, so users could get answers at our booth.

Kind regards
Michael
P. S.: Excuse my poor english.

Re: Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2022

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,

On 3/14/22 5:31 AM, Dr. Michael Stehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Mechtilde did a great job running the Apache OpenOffice (virtual)
> booth at the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage this weekend.
>
> On both days she has some usefull talks with users of free office suites.
>
> Sje got an interesting feed back afterwards: AOO starts on a netbook
> considerably quicker and needs less ressources than LO. That is
> important for such a use case.
>
> The workadventure was not so crowded as the real life event, but the
> Chemnitzer Linux-Tage are still one of the most important Free
> Software events in central Europe.
>
> So it was good to have a (virtual) booth there; esp. because LO hasn't
> one, so users could get answers at our booth.
>
> Kind regards
> Michael
> P. S.: Excuse my poor english.

Thanks for the update and to you and Mechtilde for representing AOO at
the event.

Best regards,
Carl

Re: Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2022

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Hello Mechtilde ,

Hello Michael,

I am sorry I was busy in family matters. Thank you so much for
attending. I hope next year I can attend, too.

It is always fun to meet with you at a booth, and I think it is also
important community work.

All the best

Peter

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html

Re: Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2022

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Michael, Mechtilde,

Am 14.03.22 um 10:31 schrieb Dr. Michael Stehmann:
> Hello,
>
> Mechtilde did a great job running the Apache OpenOffice (virtual)
> booth at the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage this weekend.
>
> On both days she has some usefull talks with users of free office suites.
Thanks for your ongoing work! Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend.

> Sje got an interesting feed back afterwards: AOO starts on a netbook
> considerably quicker and needs less ressources than LO. That is
> important for such a use case.
Yes, in general AOO should become even more efficient in the future.
Users need an alternative to other "bloated" office suites.

> The workadventure was not so crowded as the real life event, but the
> Chemnitzer Linux-Tage are still one of the most important Free
> Software events in central Europe.
>
> So it was good to have a (virtual) booth there; esp. because LO hasn't
> one, so users could get answers at our booth.

I wonder why LO wasn't there. Lack of volunteers?

Regards,

   Matthias