Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by 鹿野 友貴【Cygames】 <sh...@cygames.co.jp> on 2021/01/07 11:07:04 UTC

【Request】Inquiryregarding the terms of use of ”cordova-plugin-geolocation”【#238989】

Hi legal support,

This is Yuki from Cygames, Inc.
We would like to incorporate the "cordova-plugin-geolocation" in the link below into the app
and use it to get the user's current location.
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-geolocation

Therefore, it seems that the license information regarding the location information of the user terminal
and the handling of personal information is insufficient. Is it possible to add the privacy policy
and terms of use regarding personal information?

We are looking foward to hearing back from you.
Warm Regards,

Yuki
──────────────────────────────
Yuki Shikano
System admin
Cygames, Inc.
Sumitomo-Fudousan Shibuya Garden Tower, 15th Floor,
16-17 Nanpeidai-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0036 Japan
E-mail:sys_admin@cygames.co.jp
Tel:+81-3-6758-0562  Fax:+81-3-6758-0563
http://www.cygames.co.jp/
──────────────────────────────

Re: [sys_admin:2493005] 【Request】Inquiryregardingthe terms of use of ”cordova-plugin-geolocation”【#238989】

Posted by 鹿野 友貴【Cygames】 <sh...@cygames.co.jp>.
Hi legal support,

One week has passed since I made an inquiry here.
Is there a privacy policy for each "cordova-plugin-geolocation" plugin?

How long does it take if you are currently checking?
If it is difficult to respond, can you just reply to that effect?

We are looking foward to hearing back from you.
Warm Regards,

Yuki

Re: 【Request】Inquiry regarding the terms of use of ”cordova-plugin-geolocation”【#238989】

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

This seems more a privacy question than a licensing one. How you handle users personal information is generally covered by local laws. We don’t know how you will use this data or what countries your users are in or who will have access to the data are and we are not experts in privacy laws. Thus it is hard to provide any general advice other than to talk to a professional in this field to work out the terms of use that apply.

Thanks,
Justin