Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by KaktuChakarabati <ji...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/29 19:13:53 UTC

Index backup with new replication?

Hey,
I noticed with new in-process replication, it is not as straightforward to
have
(production serving) solr index snapshots for backup (it used to be a
natural byproduct
of the snapshot taking process.)
I understand there are some command-line utilities for this (abc..)
Can someone please explain how to use these to take a snapshot
of a solr index, assuming it is being used in production? what are some
guidelines? should I stop
other processes that might be issuing updates and/or comitts while taking it
or is it atomic (e.g hard link )?

would be nice to have this in wiki too i think for the benefit of other
users,
having regular backup snapshots seems critical..

Thanks,
-Chak

Re: Index backup with new replication?

Posted by KaktuChakarabati <ji...@gmail.com>.
Yep, super straight-forward, thanks a bunch!

Guess I missed this piece of the wiki, looks like its going through alot of
updates towards
solr 1.4 release..

thanks,
-Chak