Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tn...@FBOS.com on 2001/03/01 17:07:45 UTC

Poolman and Tomcat - where does the poolman.props file go

Hello all,

My configuration is as follows:

	WIN2K
	Apache 1.3.14
	Tomcat 3.2.1
	Poolman 1.4.1

I have include the poolman.jar file in my CLASSPATH as per the
documentation.  I have tested the connection with the PoolManSample.java
program provided and all works fine from outside of tomcat.  I have a
servlet which now attempts to connect to the database via PoolMan, but I
keep getting the following error:

     Could not find 'poolman.props' -- now attempting to read deprecated
file name 'pool.props'... failed.

I have tried placing the poolman.props file in my webapps directory,
TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\myapp and in the classes directory under myapp and in
about every other directory I can think of but to no avail.  Is there
something else I need to configure in the web.xml or in tomcat.conf to have
this work correctly?

Any help with this is appreciated.

Regards,

Todd G. Nist
Email:   tnist@fbos.com

The information in this electronic mail ("e-mail") message may
be confidential and for use of only the named recipient.  The
information may be protected by privilege, work product immunity
or other applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient
the retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail message is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail
message in error please notify us immediately by telephone
at 770-723-1011 or arudesea@fbos.com  Thank you.