Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2004/10/14 22:37:48 UTC

ContentIndexer versus NodeIndexer

Found part of my problem with the LuceneNodeIndexer.  I can only use the 'contains' queries.

I'm configuring the indexer in domain.xml under 'contentindexer' as I do not see any references to a 'nodeindexer'.

Does such a thing exist?
-D

Re: ContentIndexer versus NodeIndexer

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>.
Darren Hartford wrote:

>Found part of my problem with the LuceneNodeIndexer.  I can only use the 'contains' queries.
>
>I'm configuring the indexer in domain.xml under 'contentindexer' as I do not see any references to a 'nodeindexer'.
>
>Does such a thing exist?

Almost there ;-) What you are looking for is called propertiesindexer.
We really should have an example in domain.xml for that since it is so
hidden in layers and layers of code. Let me know if it works out for
you. I am really interested to see it. Oh BTW, did you have a look at
the RDMSExpressionFactory functionality? It translates DASL to SQL and
also way outperforms the default DASL implementation.

--
Unico

Re: ContentIndexer versus NodeIndexer

Posted by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org>.